Professor Marcio Andrey Teixeira is a Senior Member of IEEE, and a professor at the Federal Institute of Education, Science and Technology of São Paulo, Campus Catanduva, Brazil. Dr. Marcio received his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering at the Federal University of Uberlândia, Brazil in 2012, and received his MSc degree in Computer Science at the same university in 2004.
He was a postdoctoral researcher in Computer Science and Engineering at
Washington University in St. Louis, MO, USA (2017-2018), under the supervision of Professor Dr. Raj Jain , Life Fellow, IEEE. Dr. Marcio is a member of IEEE, and his current research includes cybersecurity, network security, machine learning, deep learning, performance analysis of computer networks, quality of service (QoS) in wireless networks, wireless network protocols and wireless next generation. Professor Marcio Andrey Teixeira is an IEEE member.
Professor Marcio worked on the book "Quality of Service and Resource Allocation in WiMAX", where he wrote the Chapter 1 named "Scheduling Mechanisms".
Currently, Dr. Marcio is an editorial Board Member of the scientific journal entitled Computer System Networking and Telecommunications.
He was a reviewer of the journals:
EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking and
International Journal of Communication Systems.
Professor Marcio is a research group leader of the Computer Network and Distributed Systems research group at the Federal Institute of São Paulo, Catanduva Campus, Brazil, 2012-Present.
He was a Senior Board Member of the Federal Institute of São Paulo, Brazil, 2015-2017.
Dr. Marcio was the Dean of the Federal Institute of São Paulo, Catanduva Campus, Brazil, supervised the development of all grad and undergrad courses, 2011-2017.
Professor Marcio was the Department chair of the Federal Institute of São Paulo, Salto Campus, Brazil, developed an undergrad course titled “Technology in Analysis and Systems Development,” 2009-2010.
He also was a Department chair of the State University of Minas Gerais, Brazil, developed an undergrad course titled “Information Systems,” 2005-2008.
He was a Network Manager at the State University of Minas Gerais, Brazil, responsible for projecting and implementing the data network at the State University of Minas Gerais, 2005-2008.
* Ph.D. (Electrical Engineering), Federal University of Uberlândia, UFU, Uberlândia, Brazil. Thesis: Adaptative Scheduling Algorithm for Uplink Traffic in IEEE 802.16 with Dynamic Polling Management. 2012.
* M. E. (Computer Science), Federal University of Uberlândia, UFU, Uberlândia, Brazil, 2004.
* B. E. (Computer Science), Institute of Education and Science of Catanduva (IMES), Brazil. 2001.
* Security on Network, Industrial Network and Internet of Things (IoT).
* Machine Learning.
* Deep Learning.
* Next-Generation Internet: Architectures and Protocols.
* Quality of Service (QoS).
* Performance Analysis.
* Nerwork Research.
- Teixeira, M. A.; Guardieiro, P. R. Scheduling Mechanisms. In: Roberto C. Hincapie; Javier E. Sierra. (Org.).
"Quality of Service and Resource Allocation in WiMAX".
Capítulo 1 "Scheduling Mechanisms" Croácia: INTECH, pp. 3-24, 2012.
Articles Published in Scientific Journals
- Nicole do Vale Dalarmelina, Marcio Andrey Teixeira, and Rodolfo I. Meneguette. A Real-Time Automatic Plate Recognition System Based on Optical Character Recognition and Wireless Sensor Networks for ITS. Sensors Journal, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 55, 2020.
Key-words: Intelligent Transportation System, Automatic License Plate Recognition; Wireless Sensors Networks; Optical Character Recognition.
- Maede Zolanvari, Marcio A. TeixeiraLav GuptaKhaled M. Khan, and Raj Jain. Machine Learning-Based Network Vulnerability Analysis of Industrial Internet of Things. IEEE Internet of Things Journal, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 6822 - -6834, 2019.
Key-words: Cyber attack, Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), intrusion detection, machine learning (ML), network security, supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA), vulnerability assessment.
- Teixeira, M.A.; Salman, T.; Zolanvari, M.; Jain, R.; Meskin, N.; Samaka, M. SCADA System Testbed for Cybersecurity Research Using Machine Learning Approach. Future Internet 2018, 10, 76.
Key-words: Cybersecurity, SCADA, Machine Learning Network Security.
- Teixeira, M.A.; Nakamura, Luis H. V.; Lobato, Daniel C.; Meneguette, Rodolfo I. A Framework to Manage Routes and Network Interfaces for Android Devices. IEEE Latin American Magazine., v.14, p.3762 - 3770, 2016.
Key-words: Mobility Management, Android Application, Network Interfaces.
- Teixeira, M. A.; Guardieiro, Paulo Roberto. Adaptive packet scheduling for the uplink traffic in IEEE 802.16e networks. International Journal of Communication Systems (Print)., v.1, p.n/a - n/a, 2012.
Key-words: IEEE 802.16, QoS, WiMAX.
- Teixeira, M. A.; Guardieiro, Paulo. A new and efficient adaptive scheduling packets for the uplink traffic in WiMAX networks. EURASIP J WIREL COMM., v.2011, p.113 -, 2011.
Key-words: IEEE 802.16, QoS, WiMAX.
Articles published in Annals of events
- Zolanvari, M.; Teixeira, M.A.; Jain, R. Effect of Imbalanced Datasets on Security of Industrial IoT Using Machine Learning. 2018 IEEE International Conference on Intelligence and Security Informatics (ISI), Miami FL, Nov. 9 - 11, 2018, 6 pp., DOI:10.1109/ISI.2018.8587389
- Zolanvari, M.; Teixeira, M. A.; Jain, R. OFDMA Structure Analysis of AeroMACS Data Links for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. The 2018 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS'18).
- Castro, Marcelo.; Teixeira, M. A.; Meneguetti, R. I. Automatic Parking Management System based on Wireless Sensor Network for ITS. 2017, Campos de jordão, Brazil. Proceedings of the 1st Workshop of Urban Computing – CoUrb. In Brazilian Society of Computer Network.
- Teixeira, M. A.; Andreazi, G. T.; Boukerche, A.; Nakamura, L. H.V.; Lobato, D. C.; Meneguetti, R. I. A new Framework for Data Routing Management in Smartphones In the 14th ACM International Symposium, 2016, Malta. Proceedings of the 14th ACM International Symposium on Mobility Management and Wireless Access - MobiWac '16., 2016. p.91 - 98.
- Grover, P & Teixeira, M. A. Scheduling Algorithm for nrtPS Service Class in IEEE WiMAX Networks Based on Queue Length Strategy. In: 13th International Joint Conference on e-Business and Telecommunications (ICETE 2016) - Volume 6: WINSYS, pages 165-171 ISBN: 978-989-758-196-0, 2016.
- Teixeira, M. A. & Guardieiro, Paulo Roberto. Integrated CAC and scheduling cross-layer algorithms in WiMAX networks with dynamic polling management. In: 2012 IEEE Globecom Workshops (GC Wkshps), 2012, Anaheim. 2012 IEEE Globecom Workshops, 2012. p. 134-139.
- Teixeira, M. A & Guardieiro, P. R. Algoritmo de Escalonamento Cross-layer para o tráfego Uplink em redes IEEE 802.16. Aceito para ser publicado no XXIX Simpósio Brasileiro de Telecomunicações, SBrT’2011, Curitiba, Paraná, 02 – 05 Outubro 2011.
- Teixeira, M. A & Guardieiro, P. R. A predictive scheduling algorithm for the uplink traffic in IEEE 802.16 networks. 12th International Conference on Advanced Communications Technology, ICACT 2010, Phoenix Park, Korea, 7 – 10 February 2010.
- Teixeira, M. A & Guardieiro, P. R. Uplink scheduling algorithm with dynamic polling management in IEEE 802.16 broadband wireless networks. 25th Annual ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, SAC2010, Mobile Computer and Applications Track, Sierre, Switzerland, 22 – 26 March 2010.
- Teixeira, M. A & Guardieiro, P. R. Escalonamento de pacotes para o tráfego uplink em redes IEEE 802.16. 8th International Information and Telecommunication Technologies Symposium, I2TS 2009, Florianopolis, Santa Catarina, 09 – 11 December 2009.
- Teixeira, M. A & Guardieiro, P. R. Polling adaptative management and scheduler packets for uplink traffic in IEEE 802.16 network. Accepted to be published in 5th IEEE International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Computing, Networking and Communications, WiMob’2009, Marrakech, Morocco, 12 – 14 October 2009.
- Teixeira, M. A.; Barbar, J. S.; MANZAN, W. A. A Proposal of Web-Based SNMP Management for Embedded Systems Applying in Pattern Recognition Using Wavelet Transform. In: International Conference on Internet and Web Applications and Services, 2006, Guadalupe. International Conference on Internet and Web Applications and Services. Guadalupe, 2006.
- Teixeira, M. A.; Barbar, J. S. Improving End-System Performance and Management with the Use of the SNMP. In: The 8th world multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics, and Informatics, 2004, Orlando. 8th world multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics, 2004.
- Teixeira, M. A.; Barbar, J. S. Improving End-System' Performance with the Use of the QoS Management. In: International Conference on Telecommunications, 2004, Fortaleza. International Conference on Telecommunications, 2004.
- Teixeira, M. A.; Barbar, J. S. Improving End-System Performance and Management with the Use of the SNMP. In: 8th world multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics, and Informatics (SCI - 2004), 2004, Orlando. The 8th world multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics, 2004, Orlando. 8th world multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics, 2004. v. 1. p. 11-44.
* You can find out more checking out my list of publications from Google Scholar and my complete CV (in Portuguese) from Lattes/CNPq.